By Brad Prager
- First assortment in 20 years devoted to interpreting Herzog’s expansive career
- Features essays via foreign students and Herzog specialists
- Addresses a large spectrum of the director’s motion pictures, from his earliest works reminiscent of Signs of Life and Fata Morgana to such fresh motion pictures as The undesirable Lieutenant and Encounters on the finish of the World
- Offers artistic, cutting edge techniques guided through movie heritage, paintings background, and philosophy
- Includes a entire filmography that still incorporates a checklist of the director’s appearing appearances and opera productions
- Explores the director’s engagement with track and the humanities, his self-stylization as a world filmmaker, his Bavarian origins, or even his love-hate dating with the actor Klaus Kinski
Read or Download A Companion to Werner Herzog (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Best film & video art books
Jefferson Hunter examines English movies and tv dramas as theyrelate to English tradition within the twentieth century. He strains topics reminiscent of theinfluence of U. S. crime drama on English movie, and movie diversifications of literaryworks as they seem in display paintings from the Thirties to the current. A Canterbury Taleand the documentary take heed to Britain are analyzed within the context of villagepageants and different wartime explorations of Englishness in danger.
Huge sensor video cameras (DSLRs) provide filmmakers a reasonable, high quality snapshot formerly very unlikely with no high-end cinema cameras. those video-capable DSLR cameras have revolutionized filmmaking, documentary creation, journalism, tv, or even Hollywood cinema. This booklet empowers the filmmaker to craft visually lovely photos inexpensively.
Strikingly attractive and tremendously gifted, Montgomery Clift used to be on the top of his status in 1956 whilst a devastating motor vehicle crash approximately destroyed his face. whereas this nerve-racking occasion robbed him of his heartthrob prestige and grew to become him right into a a bit tense, socially alienated personality, writer Elisabetta Girelli argues that Clift had regularly mixed on-screen erotic ambiguity with real-life sexual nonconformity.
We frequently affiliate modern city lifestyles with circulate and pace. yet what approximately these cases whilst the kinds of mobility linked to globalized towns – the move of capital, humans, labour and knowledge – freeze, or slow down? How do we check the price of interruption in a urban? What does valuing stillness suggest about the ahead march of globalization?
- The High-Concept Massacre: Genre Screenwriters Tell All!
- Clueless: American Youth in the 1990s (Cinema and Youth Cultures)
- Brief Encounter (BFI Film Classics)
- D.W. Griffith's the Birth of a Nation: A History of the Most Controversial Motion Picture of All Time
- Celluloid Indians: Native Americans and Film
- Readings in Contemporary Chinese Cinema: A Textbook of Advanced Modern Chinese (The Princeton Language Program: Modern Chinese)
Additional resources for A Companion to Werner Herzog (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
A Companion to Werner Herzog (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) by Brad Prager