By Gerard Loughlin
- Discusses a variety of motion pictures, together with the Alien quartet, Christopher Nolan’s souvenir, Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: an area Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange, Nicolas Roeg’s the guy Who Fell to Earth and Derek Jarman’s The Garden.
- Draws on a variety of authors, either historic and smooth, spiritual and secular, from Plato to Levinas, from Karl Barth and Hans Urs von Balthasar to André Bazin and Leo Bersani.
- Uses cinema to consider the church as an ecclesiacinema, and flicks to contemplate sexual wish as erotic dispossession, as a manner into the lifetime of God.
- Written from a considerably orthodox Christian viewpoint, immediately either Catholic and critical.
Read or Download Alien Sex: The Body and Desire in Cinema and Theology (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Jefferson Hunter examines English movies and tv dramas as theyrelate to English tradition within the twentieth century. He lines issues comparable to theinfluence of U. S. crime drama on English movie, and picture variations of literaryworks as they seem in display paintings from the Thirties to the current. A Canterbury Taleand the documentary hearken to Britain are analyzed within the context of villagepageants and different wartime explorations of Englishness in danger.
Huge sensor video cameras (DSLRs) supply filmmakers a reasonable, fine quality photograph formerly very unlikely with no high-end cinema cameras. those video-capable DSLR cameras have revolutionized filmmaking, documentary creation, journalism, tv, or even Hollywood cinema. This publication empowers the filmmaker to craft visually gorgeous pictures inexpensively.
Strikingly appealing and quite gifted, Montgomery Clift was once on the top of his reputation in 1956 while a devastating vehicle crash approximately destroyed his face. whereas this worrying occasion robbed him of his heartthrob prestige and grew to become him right into a a little bit worrying, socially alienated personality, writer Elisabetta Girelli argues that Clift had continually mixed on-screen erotic ambiguity with real-life sexual nonconformity.
We often affiliate modern city existence with flow and velocity. yet what approximately these circumstances while the kinds of mobility linked to globalized towns – the stream of capital, humans, labour and knowledge – freeze, or slow down? How do we check the price of interruption in a urban? What does valuing stillness suggest about the ahead march of globalization?
- Badass Women of Cinema - A Collection of Interviews
- A Companion to Steven Spielberg (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
- The Roots of Modern Hollywood: The Persistence of Values in American Cinema, from the New Deal to the Present
- Mystery Movie Series of 1930s Hollywood
- Filming Difference
- Korea’s Occupied Cinemas, 1893-1948: The Untold History of the Film Industry (Routledge Advances in Film Studies)
Additional resources for Alien Sex: The Body and Desire in Cinema and Theology (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
Alien Sex: The Body and Desire in Cinema and Theology (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) by Gerard Loughlin